mercoledì 4 aprile 2007

My quaker house



Ho terminato qualche settimana fa questo disegno di Blackbird design tratto dal loro ultimo libro With my needle and thread. Non so ancora l'applicazione che gli darò. Dato il lino che ho usato(45ct vintage ) ci ho messo molto tempo ad ultimarlo e quindi forse lo incornicerò. Qualche idea?

I finished this sampler some weeks ago, this design is from the latest Blackbird book called 'With my needle and thread'. I actually used a very difficult 45ct vintage linen and I think that I'll decide to put it in a frame, any ideas for different finishing?

6 commenti:

lena-lou ha detto...

This is gorgeous and would be lovely framed or you could maybe make it into a 'huswife' type of finish. I intend to get this book as I have seen some nice things people have done out of it :-))

NIKY ha detto...

I was thinking about that actually, a kind of roll...I have to think about. Good idea Lena Thank you very much.

Véro L ha detto...

yes a roll for different kind on needle, Angi made one.
bravo for your stitching.
is 45 ct easy to stitch?

NIKY ha detto...

45 ct is very very difficult to stitch, I've decided that this project'll be the only one on this count of linen. Anyway I'm happy to have done it! Thank you Vero and thank you to everybody

Claudiaxstitch ha detto...

Anche io avevo pensato ad un roll! Lungo e stretto, è il ricamo ideale... magari con il cuscinetto a tamburo tipo il Queen's Needleroll della Du Plessis!

Concetta ha detto...

I discovered your blog today, through Karens. Oh my, what absolutely BEAUTIFUL stitching and finishing! I will be back to see your creations often... I'm so glad you have a blog to share them! I am definitely doing my Sheepish Designs’ Alpha Bird, Alpha Menagerie and Alpha Sheep on one piece of fabric, and I can't wait to start "Wild Rose" now, which I have in my stash too. :) The framing you have had done on that is perfect!

Grazie MILLE for sharing all these beauties! You are an inspiration!